Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bones


I saw these two pieces in a jewelry gallery in Hudson, NY.  They are made from bones.  I think they are exquisite, although I did not write down who the artist is.
I don't know why, but I really love bones.  So white, smooth, skeletal... I'm not really sure why.  I know it's kind of a cliche, but I just can't help myself.  My favorite Christmas present was a steer skull.  I have a deer skull hanging in my family room.  I have a whole box of skulls and bones in my studio, including a fox skull which is very fragile. 
I also have this cow head made out of pewter, it is not bones, but it balances out the deer skull nicely.
These are plaster feet, not bones at all, they do not belong to me.  But everyone should have a tray of white feet.           

2 comments:

  1. I love bones too - a few years ago I made a series of sculptures featuring them. I don't have a tray of white feet, but I do have a vase of doll arms :)\
    The jewelry pieces look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feet belong to my friend Catherine in new Jersey. She found them in a vacant building that someone must have been using as a studio. They appeared to have been left behind. That's the kind of thing I would like to stumble upon.

    ReplyDelete