Thursday, July 23, 2015

Baltimore Museum of Art, hon


Nick Cave Soundsuit
What makes the Baltimore Museum of Art
 different from other art museums? It's the chatty security guards.

"Do you think this statue is a man or a woman?"
"You have a lot of hair."
"You should smile."
"Didn't you already come this way?"
"I love your hair."
"You know it takes more muscles to frown that it does to smile."

Okay, I was frowning at this desiccated and reconstructed orange by Zoe Leonard. I mean, this has got to be a conservators nightmare.

 The museum houses have some great iconic artwork, like this Cezanne.




 They also have one of the largest collections of Matisse, thanks to the Cone sisters.


 And this one comes with my favorite overheard comment of the day.  " If I was to get sucked into a painting, I'd want it to be this one because I would have a companion."




No comments:

Post a Comment